Saturday, November 28, 2009

Eid Mubarek

Celebrations are in order. It's Eid.
Celebrate.
But remember, celebrations are for the free and the mighty. Slaves don't celebrate. All their happiness and joy and sorrow and love and hate is incomplete. In want of freedom.
Buildings without foundations; maybe trees with no roots.
Celebrations without freedom.
Eids with no honor.
Everything half way through. Everything incomplete.

If we realize, we're going through a very special phase of our history as a nation, as a brotherhood. The unmistakable downward spiral to obvious oblivion. Special times call for special measures, as desperate times would call for desperate ones. Why don't we celebrate in a special way this year. Wear clean and good clothes, just not new ones even if you can afford them. Give them or the money to the poor. Give some serious, thoughtful, loving, nurturing advice to the young as Eidee, not money. You know what to do with it. Why not give all the meat to the poor and those who deserve it more than us this day of the year.1 Everyone knows a few in his family, or in his area or his work place. If you don't know one, shame on you. Why don't we spend this Eid with grace and dignity, no rubbish music from across the border, or for that matter our own. Why don't we remember Ibrahim and Ismail and revive our faith. 17 December is only couple of weeks away. Why don't remember what happened 38 years ago and pray and strive that it doesn't happen again; NWFP and Baluchistan and Punjab are burning after all. Why not remember Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine and shed a quiet tear in remembrance and aching mourning...

What is in order. Tell me. I'm confused.
I'm lost.
I'm losing it.

Sometimes, I can not believe our mothers had sons like Bin Qasim and Tipu and Suri. Stop me if I'm wrong, but now we have Zardaris, and Maliks and more...
I always knew there was something wrong with me... It's Eid, you retard...
Ta'oos o rubaab aakhir... WTF?!

Don't worry, I'll be fine. I'll be okay. I just need a Valium. Or maybe a shot or a long deep draw of what my friends can offer me.
Or may be, I just need a good f***.


-------
1. I hope you know there are people in this country and this world who did not have meat the last year. There are some who never had some all their lives. Trust me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You just need a good company of like-minded people who seriously think and believe in putting words into practices. No doubts, there are lots of guftar ke ghazi out there....but belive me, some of them seriously want to get transcended to kirdar ke ghazi...and you surely can become a beacon for them.

Unknown said...

"Many of the great achievements of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men who kept on working."